- Supervises protein production activities to ensure product meets or exceeds quality requirements.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain the plant in a good condition according to GMP, Food Safety and Regulatory requirements.
- Lead, train, and develop the Union work force.
- Maintain, improve, and comply with all environmental standards and regulations.
- Meet with Protein Product Manager to discuss inventory needs.
- Carry out the production plan to meet final product demands of quality and volume.
- Work with Maintenance Department in scheduling and prioritizing preventative and corrective maintenance of the production areas.
- Work with Process Engineering to maximize yield and improve quality.
- Schedule and coordinate vendors for byproduct processing and inventory control
- Prepare and submit protein production reports.
- Recommend improvements in production process.
- Assures product quality.
- Assists operators in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate with spray dry contract manufacturers and transport.
- Coordinate or assist with new product development for hydrolosates and other by-products.
- Coordinate with logistics delivery of order fulfillment originating from the plant
- Participate on internal audit teams.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Supervisory Management, Engineering, Business Management, or Technical School Trade.
5 to 8 years of Supervisory Experience
Microsoft Office experience
SAP knowledge a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.